Have you read THINK & GROW RICH yet? This is one of my favourite books about business success!
Over 80 years ago, journalist Napoleon Hill studied more than 500 self-made millionaires, including Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, and Charles M. Schwab, to find a formula for success. His interviews and research culminated in the 1937 bestseller “Think and Grow Rich.”
The book is centred around the seventeen steps to riches which he claimed to be the secret to building wealth.
Napoleon Hill's seventeen principles of success have changed my mindset and brought me more confidence to achieve my goals as an entrepreneur.
For me, all of Napoleon Hill's 17 principles of success are AWESOME, but there is one that I love the most.
In this post, I am describing all the 17 principles, but I decided to create a video to talk about one specific principle that I love very much and have applied in all areas of my life to succeed.
Here are Napoleon Hill's 17 principles:
1. Definiteness Of Purpose: Purpose is the starting point of all achievement. Without a purpose and a plan, people drift aimlessly through life.
2. Mastermind Alliance: The Mastermind principle consists of an alliance of two or more minds working in perfect harmony for the attainment of a common definite objective. Success does not come without the cooperation of others.
3. Applied Faith: Faith is a state of mind through which your aims, desires, plans and purposes may be translated into their physical or financial equivalent.
4. Going The Extra Mile: Going the extra mile is the action of rendering more and better service than that for which you are presently paid. When you go the extra mile, the Law of Compensation comes into play.
5. Pleasing Personality: Personality is the sum total of one’s mental, spiritual, and physical traits and habits that distinguish one from all others. It is the factor that determines whether one is liked or disliked by others.
6. Personal Initiative: Personal initiative is the power that inspires the completion of that which one begins. It is the power that starts all action. No person is free until they learn to do their own thinking and gain the courage to act on their own.
7. Positive Mental Attitude: Positive mental attitude is the right mental attitude in all circumstances. Success attracts more success while failure attracts more failure.
8. Enthusiasm: Enthusiasm is faith in action. It is the intense emotion known as burning desire. It comes from within, although it radiates outwardly in the expression of one’s voice and countenance.
9. Self-Discipline: Self-discipline begins with the mastery of thought. If you do not control your thoughts, you cannot control your needs. Self-discipline calls for a balancing of the emotions of your heart with the reasoning faculty of your head.
10. Accurate Thinking: The power of thought is the most dangerous or the most beneficial power available to human beings, depending on how it is used.
11. Controlled Attention: Controlled attention leads to mastery in any type of human endeavour, because it enables one to focus the powers of their mind upon the attainment of a definite objective and to keep it so directed at will.
12. Teamwork: Teamwork is harmonious cooperation that is willing, voluntary, and free. Whenever the spirit of teamwork is the dominating influence in business or industry, success is inevitable. Harmonious cooperation is a priceless asset that you can acquire in proportion to your giving.
13. Adversity & Defeat: Individual success usually is in exact proportion of the scope of the defeat the individual has experienced and mastered. Many so-called failures represent only a temporary defeat that may prove to be a blessing in disguise.
14. Creative Vision: Creative vision is developed by the free and fearless use of one’s imagination. It is not a miraculous quality with which one is gifted or is not gifted at birth.
15. Health: Sound health begins with a sound health consciousness, just as financial success begins with a prosperity consciousness.
16. Budgeting Time & Money: Time and money are precious resources, and few people striving for success ever believe they possess either one in excess.
17. Habits: Developing and establishing positive habits leads to peace of mind, health, and financial security. You are where you are because of your established habits and thoughts and deeds.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and watched the video to find out what is my favourite principle.
And if you want your company to stand out from your competiton